Metal and Materials Fabrication
CUSTOM METAL FABRICATION
Custom metal fabrication refers to any process that cuts, shapes or molds metal material into a final product. It is a value-added process involving the creation of machines, parts, and structures from various raw materials. Stock metal components, such as sheet metal, metal rods and metal bars, are widely available in a variety of material and dimensional specifications.
At New Wave our custom metal fabrication shop can produce metal products in a wide range of shapes and sizes. When construction companies, manufacturers or others require a non-standard component or unique metal product, New Waves’ custom fabrication services can provide both design and production assistance for these built-to-order parts.
CUSTOM METAL FABRICATION SERVICES
Our custom fabrication services can be helpful in all stages of the product development process. Whether you require a complete production run of items or support on a component assembly project, New Wave offers:
- Design: Have a CAD drawing, a sketch or just an idea? We can help you design your product, component or part before the building process begins.
- Fabrication: The actual building or creating of the metal product.
- Finishing and assembly: The improvement of product quality through post-fabrication treatments.
CUSTOM BUILD SERVICES – EQUIPMENT & CAPABILITIES
Once a product has been designed, either as a sketch, CAD drawing or even an idea, the manufacturing and machining process can begin. Choosing a fabrication method suited to a given project depends on the product’s intended purpose, and the materials used in crafting it.
- Equipment –
- Flow 50HP, 60KPSI, 6′ x 12′ WaterJet Cutting System
- Mitsubishi 4000W, 6′ x 12′, Dual Pallet, Laser Cutting System
- Capabilities –
- Laser: metal and some plastic up to 1″ thick
- Waterjet: virtually any material that does not have an adverse reaction to water up to 8″ thick (rated to 8″ titanium)
- Plastics (UHMW, Nylon, HDPE)
- Rubber (Silicone, Belted, EPDM)
- Steel >1″
- Stainless >.5″
- MIG, TIG, Arc
- Mild Steels, Stainless Steels, Aluminum
- Equipment: Gorton Master Mill, 9″ x 42″ Bed, DRO X/Y, Auto Feed X/Z, Indexed Circular Interpolation Table
- Capabilities: Drill, Tap, Face, Linear & Rotary Pattern
- Equipment: AccurPress 250T Hydraulic Press Brake, 12′ Table, 3 Axis, CNC Control
- Capabilities: 12’L x 0.25″T; 8’L x 0.375T”; 5’L x 0.5″T; 3.5’L x 0.75″T; 2.25’L x 1″T